Content Lead (Japanese)
At Bunpro, our mission is to simplify language study by giving learners the tools they need to overcome the challenges they face and then providing a learning environment and process that encourages them to use the language and learn from their mistakes.
We are a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that is passionate about language learning and creating simple yet powerful education tools that make learning less overwhelming. We are inspired to rethink how languages can be taught and how we can help students overcome the challenges they face in their linguistic journey.
We are looking for a native Japanese speaker, with a high level of English, who has a passion for helping others learn languages. A big part of language learning is exposure to the language and all of its nuances. As a content lead, you will create example sentences, reading passages and grammar explanations that meet our content guidelines.
It is important that the person we hire for this role can thrive in the position. The following are skills and attributes we think are important for the role.
- Native Japanese and a high level of written English (confidence speaking is a plus)
- A desire to always be growing. We believe the ability to learn is more important than what you know right now.
- Experience teaching Japanese to native English speakers. Experience teaching English to native Japanese speakers is a plus.
- A passion for education with a desire to not only keep growing as a student yourself but the desire to help other language learners as well.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Ability to put yourself in the shoes of the end user, beginner or advanced, and ideate new ways to help them learn more effectively.
While the above are preferred, we believe the most important asset is the willingness to learn and improve. So please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of the requirements!
- 🏝️Work remotely: Live and work anywhere in the world!
- 💰Salary: ¥4.5-5.5 million/year
- ⏰Flexible Working Hours: Work the hours that work for you. No overtime, and if you get everything done, we encourage you to go enjoy life.
- ⛺️Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year.
- 💻Home office setup: Money toward your own home office setup.
- 👓Growth mindset: Extra money for learning and growth.
- 💪Healthy Body, Sharp Mind: Fitness and health related reimbursements.
- 📈Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 5-12% of profits annually to the team.
- 🍼Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
- ⛱️Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Bunpro.
Submit Application: To apply, email your resume (no cover letter needed, but you are welcome to include one) and responses to the following questions to [email protected].
- Why are you interested in Bunpro and this role in particular?
- What excites you the most about language education?
- What are the top three professional strengths would you bring to this role?
- Tell us about a time you felt proud of your work as an educator.
- Tell us about an 'aha' moment you had in your own language learning journey.
- Interview: Once your application has passed an internal review, you’ll be invited to your first interview where we will get to know a little more about you and your background.
- Test Project: You may be requested to complete a test project that highlights your technical abilities and communication skills.
- Follow Up Interview: Once we’ve evaluated your test project, you may be invited to an additional interview to go over the position and role within Bunpro in greater detail.
- Decision: You’ll always hear back from us – we manually review and respond to every candidate’s application. If we think you will be a great fit, you’ll receive an official offer to join our team.
- Onboarding: In the time leading up to your official start, we will provide you with the necessary information and access so you can hit the ground running.