Product Designer - UI/UX & Growth
At Bunpro, our mission is to simplify language study by giving learners the tools they need to overcome the challenges they face and then providing a learning environment and process that encourages them to use the language and learn from their mistakes.
We are a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that is passionate about language learning and creating simple yet powerful education tools that make learning less overwhelming. We are inspired to rethink how languages can be taught and how we can help students overcome the challenges they face in their linguistic journey.
We are looking for a product designer that is user focused and enjoys finding elegant solutions to user problems. The ability to think critically from the user perspective and design scalable concepts from initial research and prototypes to validation and final implementation is important for this role. During your first year at Bunpro, you will lead a total design and experience overhaul to improve usability, fix known issues, and make the site more intuitive.
It is important that the person we hire for this role can thrive in the position. The following are skills and attributes we think are important for the role.
- Strong design thinking skills with focus on user-centered solutions
- 2+ years preferred experience designing and shipping consumer products with proven results
- Experience with atomic design systems, accessibility, and localization
- Familiarity with Figma or similar design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision Studio, etc) and working with UI pattern libraries
- A deep understanding of the problem you're solving. You create intuitive experiences while considering diverse requirements and technical complexities
- A growth mentality - No specific domain expertise in traditional growth teams is required (although it's a plus); we're looking for smart, motivated self-starters who can learn quickly
- Japanese is not required in day to day work but basic Japanese is needed to fully understand the product and user motivations/pain points.
While the above are preferred, we believe the most important asset is the willingness to learn and improve. So please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of the requirements!
- 🏝️Work remotely: Live and work anywhere in the world!
- 💰Salary: ¥4-6 million/year
- ⏰Flexible Working Hours: Work the hours that work for you. No overtime, and if you get everything done, we encourage you to go enjoy life.
- ⛺️Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year.
- 💻Home office setup: Money toward your own home office setup.
- 👓Growth mindset: Extra money for learning and growth.
- 💪Healthy Body, Sharp Mind: Fitness and health related reimbursements.
- 📈Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 5-12% of profits annually to the team.
- 🍼Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
- ⛱️Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Bunpro.
Submit Application: To apply, email your resume (no cover letter needed, but you are welcome to include one) and responses to the following questions to [email protected].
- Why are you interested in Bunpro and this role in particular?
- What are the top three professional strengths would you bring to this role?
- What two professional/career highlights are you most proud of? Why?
- What is you ideal process for designing a new feature?
- Can you please share links to projects that you're proud of? These could include portfolios, a GitHub profile and/or anything else that showcases your best work.
- Interview: Once your application has passed an internal review, you’ll be invited to your first interview where we will get to know a little more about you and your background.
- Test Project: You may be requested to complete a test project that highlights your technical abilities and communication skills.
- Follow Up Interview: Once we’ve evaluated your test project, you may be invited to an additional interview to go over the position and role within Bunpro in greater detail.
- Decision: You’ll always hear back from us – we manually review and respond to every candidate’s application. If we think you will be a great fit, you’ll receive an official offer to join our team.
- Onboarding: In the time leading up to your official start, we will provide you with the necessary information and access so you can hit the ground running.