Noun + 同士
Noun + 同士 + の + Noun
To use 同士, attach it directly to the end of another noun, before expressing further information about that 'mutual' relationship. Alternatively, (noun + 同士 + の + noun) is also common, and expresses that noun (B) is a grouped form of noun (A).
- これは弁護士同士の話しなので勝手に入って来ないで下さい。This is a conversation between lawyers, so please don't barge in.
- 家族同士で会話をするときはほとんど日本語です。When we talk between family members, we mostly use Japanese.
- 彼は友達同士の約束を破った。He broke a promise that was made between friends.
- お互い大人同士なんだから、落ち着いて話し合おうよ。We are fellow adults, so let's calm down and talk about this.
種類 - Type. (A) is the same type as (B).
関係 - Relationship. (A) shares the same relationship as (B).
- あなたたちは本当に似たもの同士ね。You guys are really similar (in personality).
- それは兄弟同士の問題でしょ？私を巻き込まないで。That is an issue between siblings, isn't it? Don't pull me into it.
- この糊は紙同士だとよくくっつきますがプラスチック同士だとあまりくっつかないです。This glue sticks really well between paper, but between plastic, it does not stick well. (Natural, but not very common)
- プロの格闘家同士の戦いは見ていて楽しい。Watching a fight between two professional martial artists is fun. (Natural)
When male giraffes fight among themselves they hit each other with their long necks.
Because of that, cooperation among Japanese companies is needed more than before.
Those among us who have lost, let's go drinking!
'だって' is an informal expression used among family and friends, therefore please do not use it when discussing with superiors and the like.
You can connect pages together with a string like this.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
同士 – Grammar Discussion
There's currently no discussion for 同士
Ask questions and learn together with other Bunpro users!