未だに + … + Verb［る］
未だに + … + Verb［ない］
As 未だに will be used adverbially, it will mostly appear at the beginning of sentences.
- スマホが普及している中、未だにガラケーを使っている人がいる。While smartphones are becoming more and more popular, there are people who still use flip phones.
- 私が子供の頃に巻き込まれた事故のことは未だに覚えている。I still remember the accident that I was involved in when I was a child.
- 部長は人事に注意されて２ヶ月も経つのに、彼の態度は未だに変わらない。It's been two months since the director was warned by HR and his attitude still hasn't changed.
- 去年行方不明になった少女は未だに発見されていない。The girl who went missing last year has still not been found.
- 小学生の頃、高橋くんにいじめられたことはまだ根に持っている。I am still holding a grudge over the fact that I was bullied by Takahashi-kun when I was in elementary school.
- 小学生の頃、高橋くんにいじめられたことは未だに根に持っている。I am still holding a grudge over the fact that I was bullied by Takahashi-kun when I was in elementary school.
Article: 'Even though the government has already reduced taxes on oil, the price has not yet changed.'
Comment on a website about technology: 'Even though it has been years, AiKlaud's free storage capacity is still 5GB.'
Novel, narrator: 'Even though they had been living together for 5 years, even now Jake wasn't able to completely grasp Finn's character.'
History book: 'There are still many unknowns concerning the death of Masaki Kurosaki.'
Article: 'A new law against diesel engines has been established. However, pollution in major cities is still a lingering problem.'
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
未だに – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (1 in total)
Was going to use the Report feature to make this suggestion, but then thought it might be helpful to get some community feedback on it, too, so posting it here instead.
In the description, it says “As 未だに will be used adverbially, it will mostly appear at the beginning of sentences.” However, what follows this are several examples, none of which actually have 未だに at the start of any sentences.
I think perhaps it could be rephrased to something like, “it will mostly appear at the beginning of sentences [or phrases].” But I’m not sure what the analog of a ‘phrase’ is in Japanese, so not sure if this is the best way to say it.
Also, does anybody have any tips/ideas/pointers on how to identify a ‘phrase’ or whatever its equivalent would be in Japanese? Was my suggestion of the word ‘phrase’ for 未だに accurate here, or is there some...
Got questions about 未だに? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion