ぜんぜん + Phrase
ぜんぜん + (Negative) Phrase
- やばい、トイレットペーパーが全然ない。Oh shoot, I don't have any toilet paper at all.
- 彼女は家事の手伝いを全然しなかったので別れました。I broke up with her because she didn't help out at all with house chores.
ぜんぜん is more flexible (and friendly sounding) in casual conversation than 全く, a similar expression which has a formal (often negative) nuance.
- 今月もお金が全然無いからパンだけを食べる。I don't have any money this month either, so I am only eating bread.
- 昨日後輩からもらったお土産は全く美味しくありませんでしたね。The souvenir we got from our junior member yesterday was not tasty at all, don't you think?
- 明日？全然いいよ！Tomorrow? That's completely fine!
I can't speak English at all.
You don't understand at all do you?
I'm in a bad mood right now and there's no way at all I'll become happy.
I don't like my current hair style at all, so I'll go get my hair cut tomorrow.
I was in an accident, but I am completely fine.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Page 62 [CH 9]
Genki I 2nd Edition
Tae Kim's Japanese Grammar Guide
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.