- また電気点けっぱなしじゃん！何回言えば消してくれるの？You left the light on again! How many times do I have to tell you to turn it off?
- 冷蔵庫を開けっ放しにしないで下さい。Please don't leave the refrigerator open.
- 歯を磨いている間、水を出しっぱなしにしていたら、お母さんに怒られた。Because I left the water on while I was brushing my teeth, my mother scolded me.
- 勝ちっぱなしだとつまらないね、たまには負けを味わいたい。Don't you think it is boring to keep winning? I want to taste defeat sometimes. (I want to lose sometimes)
- 秋の間は窓を開けっぱなしにして寝ています。During autumn, I sleep with the windows left open.
Someone left the door open.
Don't leave the light on.
Because of the traffic, I was at a standstill for ten minutes.
Your phone keeps ringing... Is that not a problem?
I kept standing for 3 hours, now my legs feel as heavy as lead.
足が棒になる means 'to have one's legs get stiff'.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
Tae Kim's Japanese Grammar Guide
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
っぱなし – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (6 in total)
Yeah this comes up in conversation all the time, and I’ve found it doesn’t always carry the negative nuance either, although grammatically speaking it does so it’s probably better to remember it that way as a language learner.
The nihongo no mori video has been made private. Does anyone have another link to it?
They delisted the video because they’ve updated it.
I added the new one to the resources, thank you for pointing that out!
Got questions about っぱなし? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion