Noun + に加え（て）
Being that it is a formal phrase, に加えて will also often appear in its formal-conjunctive form に加えて.
To use にくわえて, simply place it directly after the noun that you would like to highlight as being the base information, before discussing what exactly is 'in addition' to that base in the following clause.
- 今日は暑さに加えて湿度も高くなる恐れがあるので外に出る方は熱中症に気をつけてください。Today, in addition to the heat, there is a threat of high humidity, so please be careful of heat stroke if you are planning to leave the house.
- 今学期から文法に加えて漢字も教えることになった。Starting this semester, in addition to grammar, I will also be teaching Kanji.
- 彼は空手に加えて、剣道もできるそうだ。I heard that he does kendo in addition to karate.
- 今年の母の日には母に花束に加えて心を込めて書いた手紙を渡すつもりだ。This Mother's Day, I plan to give my mother a heartfelt letter in addition to a bouquet of flowers.
- 今年になってから電気代に加えてガス料金までもが高くなった。This year, in addition to the electricity bill, even the gas bill has increased.
Sweden, in addition to being rich in natural resources, is also a country of developed industries. This is due to their fine educational system.
For a person to be called genius, it is necessary for them to have the ability to grasp what they see as a whole, in addition to every little detail.
In addition to having the ability to make phone calls, newer mobile phones (smartphones) have many functions similar to personal computers.
My gray hair, not to mention my wrinkles, have increased. Boy am I old.
Nothing can be done about the inferior value, not to mention ability.
Get more example sentences!
Premium users get access to 12 example sentences on all Grammar Points.
Study your own way!
Add sentences and study them alongside Bunpro sentences.
There are no Offline resources listed for 「に加えて」.
You can . Resources are constantly updated, come back later to see new additions!
Bunpro tracks all of the resources you’ve visited, and offers relevant bookmarks of physical books to help with offline tracking.
に加えて – Grammar Discussion
Most Recent Replies (4 in total)
Hey @FredKore !
It is A に加えて B まで = A, not to mention/in addition to B
We have just fixed the translation to fit the format of the grammar structure!
In addition to * Noun + に加え / に加えて
My text explains also
Verb (る) / Verb (ない) / Verb (た) + の + に加えて
Adjective (い) + の + に加えて
Adjective (な) + の + に加えて
As usage patterns for what seems like the exact same grammar point. Perhaps this grammar point can be expanded to cover the entire usage pattern?
In other post, Bunpro staff comments about focusing on JLPT grammar points. So I would like to know if the other forms (verb and adjectives) are not aon the JLPT exam? This will 1) help to me understand what I should and should not be engaging Bunpro staff about and 2) Help me understand what my school is teaching that might not be so important.
Just a typo, need to drop the て from the formal conjunctive form at the end of the first paragraph
Got questions about に加えて? Join us to discuss, ask, and learn together!Join the Discussion